Friday, April 23, 2010

The Young Red Kitty (now a Cat)



I fell in love with Red Kitty when he wandered on to our farm in Iowa back in 2002. His eyes were an amazing orange color that matched his amazing orange fur. It was love at first sight...and it was mutual love, too. I love boy cats...they can just be so darn affectionate!

The Red Kitty was probably about 6 or 7 months old when he moved in, and after we had him neutered, he moved into our house with 3 other cats and a German short-hair pointer. Later, he moved to Woodstock with me. Back then he was the young punk of the house...here he's become the elder statesman. Time flies!

I was searching for old photos of him and haven't had much luck with finding stills yet (my early digital photo filing was a disaster!) But I was very happy to find this little clip with a collection of other ones. He was then, and continues to be, quite a character. Red is a credit to the Red Cat Race, if I do say so myself!!

8 comments:

Calle Cat said...

Yes! He's one of us, alright!
Calle Cat

brokenteepee said...

Awww, what a beauty!

Ann said...

Reds a looker that's for sure. :)

Lin said...

I LOVE Red!! I do!! He's my favorite when you post the kitty photos on your blog. :) I'm glad we have a site here just for the Red's of the world.

Islandgirl said...

So how does Thomasina get to join this blog?

Anonymous said...

Now I call them orange - I got me an orange boy - I love his little pink nose and little pink feet!

Lin said...

Islandgirl--send me an email (farkel4@yahoo.com) with your email address and I'll send you an invite. We would love to have you join us!!!

Grace--I call them orange too! Do you want to join us too, Grace?? I can send you an email invite if you would like to post here too. Use my email in the above comment and let me know.

Marg said...

You sure were cute when you were younger Winston. Now you are truly a handsome dude. We love the orange guys a lot here. There are four of us. Have a wonderful day.